Tuesday, June 16, 2009

FastKeys 2.0 Coming Soon

I'm currently developing the next version of the music sight readinghelper and I'm trying to implement some of your suggestions. You can expect to see the new release within a couple of weeks.
Here are some screens with a couple of the major changes:

As you can see, I've now widened the piano range to 2 octave. This breaks the tendency to remember the screen position of the note, and not the actual key, although I hope to eventually have all keys on the piano so they can correspond to each note.

I've also added the grand staff to help improve sight reading of both clefs at the same time.

But before I release this version, I'd like to include a key signature function to help reading in different keys.

If you would like to see other features that are not here, feel free to comment and let me know, and I'll see what I can do.

1 comment:

  1. Great idea !

    But I have the same concern as some others about the 2 octaves of keys. There needs to be a 1:1 correspondence between the note symbols and the keys, or a single octave of keys representing the recurring pattern of the keyboard. Two octaves of keyscreates an ambiguity in the relationship of the notation to the physical place of the notes.

    Hope you are able to keep developing this, & thanks you.

    ReplyDelete